When It's Not Even Close To The Blessing You Thought It Would Be.

Blessings!  Oh how we think we know when, what and where.  Blessings are the gifts we get when we least expect them, and we least expect what we receive.  Blessings come in many shapes, sizes and flavors.  Big ones, funny ones, medium size ones, long over due ones, tiny size ones, ones that are for others but bless us, and of course the ones we expect but really think we don't deserve.

I've had many blessings in my life during my 51 years on this earth.  I would have to say the biggest blessing I have had was being given a second, third, fourth....ninety ninth chance at this life on planet earth.  I cannot begin to count how many times I should have been riding that escalator up into the wild blue yonder.  But for some reason God had other ideas.  Not sure if I should thank Him of not.

The biggest lesson I have learned about blessings from God is that they will almost never be what we expect.  And most of the time, never what we want.  I've been told that when two or more are gathered in His name and ask, it shall be given.  But I think that is a bit deceiving.  God gives us what He wants us to have and gives us the blessings He wants to give us.  So as far as asking for special things and blessings from God, I don't go there.  I just ask Him to give me what He wants me to have and to do His will.

We have all said at one time or another "God has blessed us so much".  What are we saying when we make that statement?  I think we sometimes mistake blessings with God's gifts.  Let's look at the word blessed.  What does it actually mean?  According to Webster it means consecrated, sacred, holy, sanctified, worthy nof adoration, reverance, worship, divinely or supremely favored, fortunate.  So according to this we aren't blessed.  We're just fortunate or lucky.  The way I see it is that God will bless us with whaever can give Him the glory and will ultimately make us to look to Him and praise Him.  It's not up to us to decide what is best for ourselves.  It's up to God!


Comments