I thought I Knew You! ? ! ?

Once I made the decision to finally publish my book and let the world know all about me, I had some anxiety (I've said this before), but that slowly dissipated and I was ok with it after awhile. One of my biggest fears was that people would have a different perception of who I was and what I was really about.
I had a conversation with a close friend of mine about this very subject.  Her response to me, prior to reading the book, was that she would not change her perception of me because she knew who I was before she read it.  I said to her, wait till you read and then we will talk.  She again stated it would not change what she thought of me.
I've spoken to a few other authors who wrote a book about their life and there seems to be a similar amount of anxiety when publishing your life's story.  The question is, "what will they think of me when they read my book?"  I have to be honest here and say I really don't care anymore.  I care if they read it and whether they like it or not, but if it changes who they think I am, then there is nothing I can do about that.  If they want to judge me for where I was and where I came from, then have it.  But I am who I am now and this is what I am.  You liked who I was before you read it, and if a book changed that for you, then you have your own issues to worry about.
We all are a product of a our past in one way or another.  I wrote in my book that I am who I am today not because of what happened to me in my past, but how I dealt with my past and how I traveled the road to life as it is now.  Although we are judged for who we were and where we came from or come from, most do not consider how we made it here and what we did to take control of life and live it our way.
I am who I am and I like who I am!  Like it or not, it's who I am!  Dr. Suess eat your heart out.

My life:  its worth reading, but I'm not sure you would want to live it.

Comments

Post a Comment